Through various subsidiaries of our company we provide a wide range of services. Our construction company offers a client-based residential design and home renovation service, a one-stop turnkey operation.
We also develop and construct new custom-built luxury homes in desirable areas convenient to downtown. These homes are sold on the open market.
In addition, we offer a complete design build service to clients wanting to realize their dream home. The services provided range from finding a suitable property, to providing architectural services, dealing with permits, construction supervision, and interior design services including the decorating of the homes.
Another arm of the company offers fully furnished downtown condominium suites for short-term or long-term rental.
• Trained as a carpenter and cabinet maker
• Studied at Ryerson Polytechnic Institute, Toronto - Architectural Technology
• Studied further at Ryerson Polytechnic University -interior Design
• Worked as a general contractor with in-house millwork and cabinet making faculties since 1975, providing services to architects, interior designers and clients directly
• Worked in residential, commercial and retail
• Specialized in quality exterior and interior renovation and construction with particular attention to detail
• Supervised construction work on assignment in Canada and the United States
• Projects have been featured in Style at Home, City and County Home, Builder/Architect and other publications, as well as on HGTV
From 1975 to 1990 I provided services as a renovator and general contractor with in-house millwork and cabinet making facilities. I completed projects from small renovations to substantial full scope buildings, working with interior designers, architects, and directly with owners.
From 1990-1994 I worked exclusively in conjunction with a designer and we provided a design/build service. We worked on numerous renovations, interior design projects, architectural design, permit and Committee of Adjustment work.
From 1994 to the present, I continue to provide design/build services, and consulting in the acquisition of real estate. To this end I engage the services of and work with architects, interior designers, landscape architects, and architectural drafts people. All the construction is done through my in-house construction company. I also acquire real estate, refurbish and furnish it for the upscale rental market, offering turnkey suites for corporate clients and the film industry. During this period I founded with a partner company by the name of essential elements, providing commercial and residential fabric distribution , custom furnishings and upholstery services to the architectural and design community. Since 2002 I have been focusing on infill development projects and building custom homes for clients. One of our current initiatives is building energy-efficient homes.
I have completed work in the following condominiums: 1166 Bay Street, The Rosehill, 33 Jackes
Street, 561 Avenue Road, 47 St. Clair Avenue West, the Balmoral, Benvenuto Place, The Lonsdale, and The Windsor Arms among others.
• 1990-1994 Worked as a general contractor at 33, 55 and 65 Harbour Square, and provided design/build work in over 30 units. Some highlights: 65 Harbour Square -joined a three bedroom and bachelor side by side and completely renovating the bachelor as a home office and viewing room for the president of Global Television. (City Country Home, 1989) 33 Harbour Square — joined a suite with a lower commercial unit by installaling an elevator, and completely renovated both units Bathroom upgrade package: developed an all-inclusive package for refurbishing the bathroom where 90% of the 1000 units had an identical washroom. This cost effective option was sold directly to condominium owners, and its success led to other business in the units
• 1991 Full scope design/build renovation of a 4,000 square foot condominium, including enclosing an outdoor balcony to be incorporated as part of the interior space if The Lonsdale)
• 1998 Full condominium design/build project for an out-of-town entrepreneur, who required a residence in Toronto for business and relaxation. The client's sole artistic mandate was that he wanted the place to "dance," and he was delighted with the result. (The Palace Pier, Toronto)
• 1998 Space planning and renovation of a Manhattan condominium and supplementation of clients' existing furniture with custom furnishings (New York City)
• 1999 Extensive renovation of condominium for a client downsizing from a large Connecticut home- In conjunction with an interior designer, all aspects of the renovation were handled. including reupholstery of the clients soft furnishings. Featured in Style at Home magazine (Forest Hill, Toronto)
• 2001 Creation of a new environment within a condominium unit to facilitate the move of a client from a large home on The Bridle Path. In conjunction with the designer, the entire unit was transformed, with a great deal of custom cabinetry and extensive use of exotic wood and imported stone. An authentic wrought iron gate was brought in from an old hotel in New York. Featured on HGTV's Design for Living. (Rosedale, Toronto)
• 2003-5 complete turnkey design, renovation, and furnishings including linens etc. for upscale condominiums in downtown Toronto.
Commercial Projects (Radial Listing)
• 1976 Building of new broadcast facilities for CFNY Radio, including sales and executive offices (Brampton, Ontario)
• 1980 -1989 General contracting and millwork:
• Sun Life Building: ¼ floor and half floor for client Capital Canada
• Executive offices, boardroom and main areas for Spring Valley Corporation
• Bell Canada - complete facilities on Richmond Street, with architects Baldwin & Franklin
• Joy Cherry, Yonge Street, Toronto
• The Fit Shop. Avenue Road, Toronto
• Combinations, Queens Quay, Toronto
• Lou Myles. Avenue Road. Toronto
• Hazleton Pantry, Hazleton Lanes, Toronto (featured In Canadian Interiors magazine)
• Ridpath's, Yonge Street, Toronto - four projects dealing with much of the store. Also completed projects through Ridpath's in-house Design Studio
• Ryerson Polytechnic institute Bookstore, Dundas St.& Mutual St., Toronto
• 1992 Complete design/build project for the night club Club Tokyo; provided interior design, and construction, coordinating and supervising all trades (Richmond Street, Toronto)
• 1993 Full design/build service for travel agency Trans-American Connection (Yonge Street, Toronto)
• 1997 Design of offices in an 85,000 square feet building for a Toronto manufacturing company. Complete renovation of buildings to suit clients needs. Supervised construction and designed and facilitated all furnishings and millwork for staff and executives offices.
• 1977 Built first architecturally designed home, with Architect Zeidler Roberts Partnership. (Toronto Beaches)
• 1979-1980 Entire estate in Muskoka, including 6000 square feet main house, 2000 square feet coach house with decking, bridges and walkways. and extensive landscaping on 1.5 acres
• 1980 First entire house renovation, (Roxborough East, Toronto)
• 1978-1985 Addition of 9000 square feet and interior renovations to the existing 10,000 square feet to create a 19,000 square feet estate. Designed and built in conjunction with architect and owner, the work included a three level elevator, two large steel, concrete and wood structures, a large indoor water fountain, the addition of six washrooms, and a portico. (Bolton. Ontario)
• 1987-1988 Entire renovation of two ski chalets (Beaver Valley, Ontario) • 1997-1999 Complete Design Build project for existing home on 1-1/2 acre estate, from footings to cushions to custom monograms for the client's napkins. Exterior renovations and complete landscaping, including automated iron gates and fencing. Called back in 2002 to complete the remaining phase. (North Brampton)
• 2000 Design, gutting, refurbishing and furnishing of home in a contemporary vocabulary. This multi-phase project included custom designed hard furnishings and built-ins, as well as custom soft furnishings. Also included was complete landscaping of property including a private courtyard at the front of the house. Called back in 2002 for additional work. (North Toronto, Bayview North of Steeles)
• 2000 Complete renovation of residence in Forest Hill. Consulted with clients prior to purchasing. Provided design and construction services for the renovation of the entire house, tailored to their needs. The design work was done before the closing, the construction work started immediately after the closing and the clients moved into a newly renovated home. (Forest Hill, Toronto)
• 2001 Construction work in a Rosedale home, in conjunction with interior designer. Featured in Style at Home magazine. (South Drive, Toronto)
• 2001 Interior design and construction consulting services for complete new custom home. (Upper Forest Hill, Toronto)
• 2002 to 2007 Full service design and construction of custom homes.
• 2002 to 2007 Development of infill custom homes for sale on the open market.
• 2002 to 2007 Design and consulting services for projects in the United States and in the Muskoka's